Saturday, September 14, 2013

Red Rock Canyon Ride

This was my first mountain biking experience in Colorado Springs.  I borrowed a bike from the Bakers and we all headed out with some more experienced bikers.  We started at the entrance near Hwy 24 and took the Sand Canyon Trail (easy) to the Contemplative Trail (advanced).  From there we rode the Roundup Trail (advanced) all the way over creeks and up and down steep descents until we made it all the way around to the Red Rock Canyon Trail (intermediate)  There were lots of tough parts and we had to carry our bikes a few times over rough terrain.   The view up at the top was breathtaking.  It didn't take long into the ride for me to realize that I had the ability to ride and that I could truly fall in love with mountain biking .  This would be one of many adventures on the bike. Later that day Mike and I headed to a few biking stores and I finally settled on a specialized mountain bike that was designed especially for petite women riders. It was a dream to ride. We became instant best friends!


My New Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment